For some reason, I enjoyed Christmas even more than usual this year. Maybe because I've taken more time to "Smell the roses" so to speak. I am so grateful for the life I've been blessed with; a wonderful, supportive husband, 5 great kids, parents that I get to talk to everyday, a job that I love, and a comfortable home that is blessed with the influence of the priesthood(just to name a few). More and more, I'm starting to get the "Joy in the Journey" concept.
Anyways, we rekindled an old Roper tradition this year of riding around to see the Christmas lights around town. Everyone showered and dressed in their jammies and headed out to Chris' truck. We made a stop at "Top Spot" for hot chocolate and off we went for an hour of pure delight. Well, maybe not PURE delight. It went well for about 45 minutes before the younger two kids erupted. But hey, that's maybe a Holmes record in the car!! But seriously, I really enjoyed that time we spent together.
On Christmas Eve, we had our traditional dinner at Mom and Dad's house. All the family was there except for Mar. (She got there a day after Christmas). It was a beautiful evening eating, sharing talents and remembering the true meaning of Christmas. The kids also had a blast opening a couple of gifts from Grandpa and Grandma as well as cousins. I must admit, one of the highlights though was holding baby Rylee. What a precious little girl!!
Christmas morning was filled with its usual excitement. The kids up at 6:00 a.m. Jocey and Lys got their "American Girl Dolls" along with Ipods for Spence and Jocey. Lyssa got a fun ride-on car that Jace wouldn't get off of and Jace got his own DS (a.k.a. Leapfrog). Nick got a lava lamp, shoes and clothes, but was just happy to be there. I always wish we could freeze frame the magic of Christmas morning. It is the best!! After we opened gifts, Matt and boys along with Elaine came over for a Christmas pancake breakfast. If you ask me, it doesn't get any better than that!!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
The Most Wonderful Time!!
Posted by Marie Holmes at 8:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















6 comments:
Please count me in!
toneta.holmes@nebo.edu
Thanks!
It's fun to read about your Christmas. It sure makes Christmas magical again with little kids!!
Happy New Year!!
I'm so gals you guys had a great Christmas. We sure missed seeing you guys at the Roper Christmas Party. Maybe next year!!!
It was so much fun! WE were so glad we could make it up. Love you guys!
It sounds like you had an amazing Christmas! I know that the Az Ropers had a blast with you guys!
I need to take more "Joy in the Journey" like you. It seems more do-able now that the craziness of the holidays is over, but it should be my goal for all times of the year.
Thanks for the blog invite and I am glad to see that you all are doing so well:)
Post a Comment