Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday Jocelyn!!


My Jocey is turning 10 years old tomorrow. She has waited a long time for her birthday, and now it's here! As I mentioned on Alyssa's birthday, I am walking down memory lane. Jocey was born about 2 1/2 weeks premature with a IUGR condition. This is a condition where the baby just stops growing and no longer gets any nourishment from the mother. I went in for a regular check-up at 8:00 a.m Thursday, August 20, 1998. Once Dr. Fielding took my measurements, I could tell he was concerned. He informed me that we had to deliver the baby ASAP. He wouldn't even let me go home first. I had Spencer c-section, so I had the choice whether or not to do that again. I decided that I didn't want the same predicament I got in with Spence, so I opted for the surgery. After making arrangements and suffering the usual panic attack, I finally delivered Jocey. We didn't know if she would be a boy or a girl. I couldn't believe we got our beautiful baby girl. I was elated!!
Jocey has been a complete joy and blessing in our lives. She is a wonderful girl that wants to help and befriend everyone. She is a huge help with her younger siblings and has a maturity beyond her years. I love Jocey so much and wish her the best birthday ever!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Jocey! We love that little (well, now getting bigger) girl! I remember when she was just a baby...time flies.

Love her so much!

Carolyn said...

What a cute slide show of Jocey. She has been a beautiful girl from day one! Happy birthday.

Vanes said...

Mers- I tried to call Sunday night! Hope we're on your calendar for Sept. 6th - Bo's baptism at 3:30. We'd LOVE to see ya! Plan on dinner after at our house! We've missed ya this summer! Tell Jocey HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)

The Bryner Bunch said...

Happy B-day to Jocey! I hope that she had a wonderful day! She is such a beautiful girl:)