I was going to post this awhile ago, but I thought somehow it must be a fluke. Our baby Jace, who is 2 years old knows the alphabet! I couldn't believe it. He still doesn't speak much and is attending Early Intervention. But amazingly enough, the child knows his ABC's. I discovered this back in May when he was playing with Spencer's old toy computer. I thought he was just randomly hitting keys, but when I really paid attention, he was hitting the correct buttons. The computer would say, "Find the letter H." Sure enough he would find the 'H' button and push it. After he did that 7 or 8 times in a row, I ran like a mad woman to find Chris. Jace demonstrated his skills while Chris and I laughed hysterically. Now maybe I'm just up in the night, but I thought that was pretty amazing. In my experience teaching Kindergartners, I never knew kids could pick up the alphabet that young. (Especially a child that has a serious speech delay.) Tell me what you guys think.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Our Amazing Bubba!
Posted by Marie Holmes at 10:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment