
We have dealt with quite a few deaths over the last few weeks. On the 26th day of January, Spencer and Jocelyn's great grandma Rigby passed away at the age of 94. She was a beautiful lady that suffered many earthly pains and endured gracefully to the end. Spence and Jocey participated in a musical number with all of their Rigby cousins and did a great job! I know she will be greatly missed. A day or so later, our beloved prophet, President Hinckley, went on the same journey. He was a remarkable man who contributed so much to our church worldwide. So many people have been impacted by his service and teachings. We will miss him also! On the very day of Presidents Hinckleys' funeral, my cousin Nathan, was killed in a tragic accident. He was nineteen years old and working two jobs to save for college expenses next fall. I didn't know Nathan as well as I should have, but I have grown to appreciate the good person that he was. We spent a special day in Oak City with many of our Roper relatives reminiscing about wonderful childhood days spent with our extended family. Although the family is suffering with their sorrow, it was a wonderful day full of remembrance for Nathan and those who have gone before us.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
A week full of emotions!!
Posted by Marie Holmes at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm so glad you posted a picture of Nathan. I wish I was able to make it to the funeral, but my mom said it was a really nice service.
I hope you guys have a Happy Valentine's Day!
P.S. I love your cute family photo!
I am so sorry about Nathan, it was so hard to hear about his accident. I am glad you could make it to the funeral.
(love the new blog background)
Such a tragic accident. Your family is in my prayers. What a nice tribute to Nathan and President Hinckley
Post a Comment