Last week was full of surprises for me. I have been serving as a Primary Music chorister and Activity Days leader. Apparently I was getting too comfortable because they released me from primary music and called me to be the Ward Choir director. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?! The second change came with my teaching job. Since Chris has gone back to school, it is necessary that I go back to teaching full time. I had it arranged to take another half-day kindergarten job at another school so I could still stay at South Elementary at least half day. Well, to make a long story short, they didn't end up having the extra half that I needed at another school. The only full-day open positions were located at three different schools, and South wasn't one of them. After much heartache, it just happened that a third grade teacher at South wanted to trade me positions! I am now going to try my hand at third grade. I feel really blessed to be able to stay at the same school with my kids.
With these major changes taking place, I'm trying to convince myself that most everyone feels a little intimidated taking on new jobs. It is always hard to start something new, but it always ends up o.k. Please tell me that I can learn to lead the Ward Choir and teach third grade all in the next few months!!!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Who says change is good?
Posted by Marie Holmes at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Wow, Mer! Lots of changes. You will be great at both new endeavors, I have no doubt! Kepp us posted!
I was ward choir director once for about a month! This was a little crazy for me but I really think you will do great and your mom, I am sure will be a big help. Third grade is a really fun grade to teach. I taught it my first year teaching. I think you will like that they can really stay focused on an activity for a little longer! Plus, they are still young enough to love their teacher. Good luck--You can do it!
You will be a wonderful Ward Choir leader and Third Grade teacher! I'm the same way with big changes...it is scary, but with time you will look back and wonder what you were ever nervous about. Good luck!
Wow...it looks like you are going to be busy, busy! You will be an awesome choir director. I'm glad to hear that you will be able to stay at the same school...what a blessing! It was fun seeing your parents at Buck's wedding! I was hoping that this was the year for the Roper Family Reunion...I guess I need to get my dad on the stick and get something planned :)
You never know who will find your blog in this blog snooping world:) How fun! You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment