Monday, June 16, 2008

50 Wonderful Years!


For a few weeks now, I haven't had too much to blog about. Now I have lots to blog about! We had a fun weekend celebrating my parents 50 Wedding Anniversary along with Father's Day and meeting my new nephew for the first time. It was so great to have all of our family together. My Mom and Dad officially celebrated their 50th on June 13th, but Saturday was the day we all got together. We spent the day together taking pictures, eating and spending some time at Mom and Dad's house discussing old memories. Everyone really seemed to enjoy their time together! I am grateful for my two wonderful parents who have been great examples to our family. Congratulations Mom & Dad!

I need to mention Father's Day and pay a tribute to the Fathers in my life. My dad and Chris' dad have been great influences in our lives. I appreciate and love them very much.
Chris has been such a blessing in my life and the lives of my kids. He so willingly has taken on the roll as Father to our 5 children. I appreciate the love, support and respect he gives me everyday! Thank you Chris, I couldn't ask for a better husband!

And last, but certainly not least, I got to hold Trenton for the first time. Trenton belongs to Matt & Jen and was born on May 14th. I just never can get enough of holding newborns, and this little boy was soooooooooooo cute!

7 comments:

Together We Can said...

I've been checking your blog for sometime now and have just realized that I haven't let you know we are out here in the blogging world as well. I actually found your blog through Matt's. Scott's friend Becka Shakespear had Matt and Jen's link on their blog. Small world, right?
Congratulations to your parents for 50 years!! That is wonderful! It was fun to see their wedding pictures. Tell them hello from us. We are all doing well.

Together We Can said...

I should probably tell you that this is Crista (Christensen) Johnson since my blog doesn't mention our names. :)

Vanes said...

Mersie - THANK YOU for updating us on the reunion! I was hoping you would have a post about the 50th celebration! I loved seeing the pictures - looked like SO much fun! Your family looked AWESOME in the yellow!! We're bummed we missed it! Keep the updates coming!!

The Bryner Bunch said...

Those wedding pics of Gary and Shirley are priceless! Shirley was such a beautiful bride and she is just as pretty today...50 years later!!! I hope that I am that lucky:) Congrats to them!
The Roper's had a blast with you guys and they are always sad to come home.
Your girls have the most beautiful hair and the family pics turned out so cute!
Isn't baby Trentthe cutest?

Carolyn said...

Wow 50 years! Congrats to your parents. What cute pictures of your family. It was fun to see your brothers and sisters too.

Unknown said...

We had SOOO much fun last week and can't wait to come back! I loved your slide show--such cute pics. The pic of Mar holding Trent with the caption "baby hog" made me laugh out loud--Trent misses his Aunt's!

See you guys soon--we love you!

Marcae said...

What a fun celebration. Congrats Uncle Gary & Aunt Shirley I bet you guys had such a fun time with everyone all together. By the way, your family pictures are DARLING!! Hope to see you guys soon!