Friday, May 1, 2009

A Weekend in Vegas!






Chris and I had a nice weekend in Las Vegas last week. On Friday, Chris was awarded the "Best of Festival" in the radio category of BEA National Broadcast competition. Chris wrote and recorded a half time report on the death of Steve Hodson. They honored him with a nice crystal award and a thousand dollar check! All of our parents and Matt and Jen came to support him. Chris was also honored during the week with two more second place finishes in the news radio competition. The BEA stands for the "Broadcast Education Association". Chris was up against hundreds of students from around the country and basically won the national championship. Man am I proud! On Saturday night, we went to see Donny and Marie. I thought it was wonderful and had a great time. I was also able to sit by the pool and read. It was a really nice getaway. Thanks to both sets of grandparents and my niece Jelisa, for watching our kids!
On our way out the door to head to Vegas, Jace ran into the corner of the piano bench, His eye was split right open and there was no question that he had to be stitched up. After a couple of hours, he was ALMOST as good as new! This is the third time we have had to get his face stitched up. The doctor told him he was a repeat offender!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Congrats to Chris for his award! I bet you loved having a get-a-way to Las Vegas...I am a little bit Jealous!

Kimberly Ngarupe said...

That is so great! Tell Chris we said congratulations.

Lorilee said...

What a nice tribute to Steve. I am thrilled for Chris. What a great guy. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in Vegas.

Claudine said...

I found your blog through Amy Davis' blog. Seems good to see what your family is doing. That is quite an honor for Chris. We used to see him at the university ball games and wonder if he worked for the university.....now we know! Your kids are growing up so. I can't believe your baby is 3 already. We miss you.