We had such a wonderful weekend. Matt and Jen brought their kids up to Cedar and we were able to spend the whole weekend with them. Our kids were sooooooo excited to see them. We made our routine trip to Pizza Factory where Elaine and Dad met us. (Mom has been recovering from a series of surgeries and a staph infection) After that, we had an Easter egg hunt at our house. We were going to have the hunt outside, but the snow changed our plans. The kids seemed to have a fun time anyway.
Another highlight of the weekend was the baby chicks that Chris brought home to raise. He build a pen under the stairs on our deck. Our kids really thought that was a treat since we are not normally animal fans. The kids ran around and periodically checked on the chicks to make sure they were o.k.
When Matt and Jen come, the kids switch into party mode. Matt stays up late and plays games with them and the kids play together from morning till night. When Matt and Jen had to leave on Sunday we had the usual tears. I am so glad that our kids have family that they love to be around that much! We always hate to see them go.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Fun with Cousins
Posted by Marie Holmes at 9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
What a fun weekend for you guys. I bet your kids and Matt's kids have an absolute ball when they get together.
I love that picture of Alyssa. She is such a little doll. I worry that when my girls get their independance, they are going to want to call all the shots with their hair, clothes and such. I'm sure I will have many lessons to learn in the future :)
P.S. How is your mom feeling? I had no idea that she had a staph infection. I hope she gets better soon!
The pics are darling--will you email me a few of your favorites? Our kids and Matt had a ball!
We love you guys!
The boys had a such a blast! Sounds like you all had such a good time! The boys always talk about their Cedar trips for weeks! I know that Matt and Jen are thankful to have family like you too.
I hope Shirley is feeling better...she's in my prayers.
Post a Comment